Wednesday 2 November 2011

NanoWrimo

Well November has commenced along with a small portion of frantic novel writing. Frantic as in could only manage 300 of the required 1700 words on the first day, so had to double efforts on day two. Can finally rest now there are just over 3400 words on the page.
For those of you not familiar with NanoWrimo it is an organised event, participated in by people worldwide, the idea of which is to write a novel in a month. To achieve this a minimum of 1700 words need to be written each day to produce a novel of just over 50,000 words.
I'm not entirely sure how this will turn out or even if I will have the creative energy to keep going for the whole month. But then I guess it is more a feat of stamina than of creative brilliance. The idea, I think, is to see if you can last the course rather than falling at the third chapter hurdle which hits so many of us would-be novelists. Well, doesn't it? Okay, maybe just me then.
I'm quite looking forward to day three now that I have smugly produced my required wordage for the last two days, however I wonder if the anticipation will begin to fade by the end of the week.
Having read through NanoWrimo's website I see that should you begin to suffer word block and feel you have exhausted all other creative avenues then you are recommended to write in a few zombies. Hmmm... that could be interesting. Bet that wouldn't have worked too well for the likes of Jane Austen.......

No comments:

Post a Comment